Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crockpot Pomegranate Cranberry Beef

This recipe is so easy to put together and the flavour combination is delicious. This is what I consider a "fancy" tasting dish without all the work! I think it takes me longer to pack my husband's lunch than it does to throw this together :-D.


Crockpot Pomegranate Cranberry Beef - adapted from Crockpot 365 here
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp basil
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
3 pounds boneless beef (I usually use stew beef)
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup cranberry pomegranate juice (I use Ocean Spray)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp maple syrup

Swirl the oil in the bottom of crockpot. Add the sliced onion, spices, garlic, crushed tomatoes, juice, vinegar, and syrup. Combine well. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with mashed potatoes with the sauce drizzled overtop.





*Linking up to Women Living Well Wednesdays

Linking up to Raising Homemakers

1 comment:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

I'm blog hopping and found yours! I'm now following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...