Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oven Toasted Ham & Cheese Sandwich

Most of my family knows I am picky when it comes to sandwiches. I never was much of a sandwich person and usually had leftovers in my lunch as a kid. Bologna, peanut butter & jelly, salami with butter on white bread...I'd probably rather wait till the next meal :-) However, I find it hard to pass up a really good sandwich, wrap, or sub. A good sandwich with some type of protein, veggie, and cheese on whole wheat is my pick for a simple, balanced lunch. This one is a winner in my books, and I will definitely be making it again.

Oven Toasted Ham & Cheese Sandwich - yields 2 sandwiches

4 slices of bread
4 tsp mayonnaise
4 tsp Dijon mustard
4 slices (or more) ham
1 tomato, thinly sliced
2 slices cheese (use whatever cheese you prefer)

Preheat oven to 425 F. Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise and place 2 slices on greased baking sheet, dressing side down (helps it brown.) Spread with Dijon mustard, 2 slices (or more) of ham each, a slice of tomato and slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread, dressing side up. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and bake for another 5-7 minutes.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yum. That looks delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...