Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Faith Stretching

When the hardship won't end, and you're in need of patience. I saw that title (an article link) on Pinterest, and it really resonated with me. Patience. It's a fruit of the Spirit I seem to be struggling with a lot lately. The last year or so has been an interesting one.  Those who we are close with in real life (mostly just close family members) know our unique situation with its constant drama. This I know - God is at work, though I can't understand everything right now. It is a daily struggle to be patient and have faith. The strange and bizarre things that have happened in our life are certainly meant for some bigger purpose. Things that make you scratch your head kind of things and that have you praying, "Lord, what should I do? What are you trying to teach me through this? Lord, I simply do not understand what this is all about." These types of things seem to be happening weekly. I take heart in knowing I have a relationship with the God who created the world, parted the sea, rose from the dead, and will move mountains if it is according to His will. Right now I am praying for a very specific mountain to move, but most of all I am praying for patience and for our faith to not waver if the answer to our prayer is no. 

Have you heard the song by Steven Curtis Chapman called "Glorious Unfolding." It gets me every.single.time.




That's all for now,


P.S. Overall, Brielle is improving with her sleeping. It's not great, by any means, but it has improved enough that I am feeling leaps and bounds better than I had been. This is a huge answer to prayer :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...